About Me

My photo
" 'Obsessive thinking will eventually wear a hole in your mind' --Michael Lipsey. Word. My brains like swiss cheese." -C. K. Shannon

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Piece of advice #476 (or #1): Don't try to save food

Just eat it, or give it away... its not worth trying to save, conserve, preserve, whatever it will just end in a mess and you will lose more than just the food, but the container it was in. My friends recently left me behind some potatoes, onions and garlic in a sealed plastic container (smart, right?) Well here I am opening it 3 weeks later (food that will keep, mind you, or so it seems...) and I am greeted by an overwhelming pugnance of old man breath and BO all at once... the potato is inflated and has this weird mucus coming out of it which all of the other food has been sitting in for weeks. The kitchen is repulsive. I ran the veggies outside in the rain to dump out the potato mucus and transfer the other stuff to a plastic bag to save the plastic container. Of course I had to touch the stuff with my bare hands and have not clipped my fingernails in weeks. Double Of course even after washing my hands I decide to eat a piece of broccoli and stick the contaminated fingernails into my mouth. I now permanently taste, and smell old man sweat and BO. I washed the container out 4 or 5 times but I'm afraid the potato mucus has seeped itself into the cracks, and thus I throw the container away. RIP.

Sorry, I'm home alone and all worked up about this so I had to blog.
Thanks for reading. Always.

Yours disgustedly,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment