About Me

My photo
" 'Obsessive thinking will eventually wear a hole in your mind' --Michael Lipsey. Word. My brains like swiss cheese." -C. K. Shannon

Saturday 31 March 2012

Waterstreet Wonders

So, this is the wonderful woman sitting next to me at Waterstreet Coffee Joint in Kalamazoo, MI. We have the same shoes.... they're like my most comfortable pair, but I don't wear them that much because, well, I'm not like her. When I describe them to people I always say you would find them in a "Hearthsong" or "Acorn" catalogue, or on a sixth grade teacher who wears brooches and has a sweater for every single holiday.

I feel really sketchy having photographed the innocent people having coffee next to us, but you just don't see those shoes every day! It was actually my best friend Jordan who pointed them out to me, only because I have analyzed the fact that I own them over and over again. I bet this lady knits, maybe she is a librarian... I hope she has grandchildren! Most of all, I hope those shoes reduce her risk of arthritis or osteoporosis.

Life is good, I'm loving being back in Kzoo, and making friends two generations older than I am because we have the same shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment