About Me

My photo
" 'Obsessive thinking will eventually wear a hole in your mind' --Michael Lipsey. Word. My brains like swiss cheese." -C. K. Shannon

Friday 15 July 2011

Thimbleberries

Sounds like a fairy tale right? Well every day I'm seeing that fairy tales aren't just fantasy. Thimbleberries are my new favorite fruit... we ate them today along the railroad tracks coming home from the swimming hole. They look exactly like raspberries and literally melt upon contact with humans, meaning consumption and even picking them. They taste like pie. Like everything that a raspberry is in pie filling with butter and sugar, only all by itself. It's heaven.

I also had one of those meals that there are no words for, only smiles, today. It was our "mid-day" meal on the farm, and we had been putting heavy beams up on the roof of the addition to the cabin all morning, and Chad (the handy builder man) was over helping, so Sarah cooked a beyond extraordinary meal for us.
It started with bread, which I just copied down the recipe for. This bread is like nothing you have ever tasted before... it is like flatbread but so chewy and warm, and dressed with olive oil, herbs, and lemon and garlic powder. It's hypnotizing.
She then had homemade pasta with scape pesto and parmesan cheese which was to die for. I would have eaten like 4 platefuls if I could have. Love was just emanating from everything, and it felt so warm and cozy to eat it, my belly was to grateful at the end. This is the kind of food that gives us warmth and life, and I intend to make it for people! (note: the only other meal I could think of that rivaled this one was a Mitnick meal of that marinated steak... OH MY GOSH)

I definitely worked my arm muscles today, hoisting massively heavy beams onto the roof with Rick and Chad, but also learned that anything building-related is possible, it doesn't even matter how big or strong you are. Leverage makes anything possible. Thanks Chad (great guy-- kept saying "Beautiful" with each hoist of the beams, and "eh?" after every other sentence)!

I had a nearly internet free day... slowly weening off... going to go reply to some emails now...
wahhhh

Good night moon, take good care of Rick's roof tonight!
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment